When you log into your tutor account*, you’ll have access to a few main tabs: Dashboard, Priority Hours, Reservations, Tutor Guide, History, Support, and a drop-down menu connected to your tutor name.
- Dashboard: This is where you’ll pick up calls. You’ll see a list of students who are currently waiting for a tutor. Click on a student's name to begin video chatting. This page will automatically update and notify you when a student shows up, so it's useful to keep this page open when you're available to chat. You'll hear a notification song while students are waiting to speak with the first tutor who picks up. You’ll hear a different notification (a piano song) when a student has specifically requested to speak to you. Here, you'll also be asked to complete a Tutor Checklist to ensure your system is ready to start tutoring.
- Priority Hours: This tab allows you to sign up for Priority Hours. Priority Hours help ensure that there are always tutors available to chat. When you sign up for a 1-hour Priority Hour, you get call priority and are guaranteed to be paid for a minimum of 15 minutes of chat time per hour even if no students call (see "Priority Hour" section to learn more). During a Priority Hour, you are required to be online and answer all calls that come your way during that Hour.
- Reservations: If you'd like to allow students to reserve a tutoring session with you in advance, you can add and change your reservation availability in this tab. Students will see your availability in their own timezone and can reserve sessions from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Reservations let you know ahead of time when a student is available to speak with you. If the student fails to show up, you will be automatically credited for 10 minutes of that (see "Reservations" section to learn more).
- Library: You can add great content to your library here. You can access and share content from your library to students from the chat window while you are in session. The content automatically splits the student's screen, making it easy to cover the content in-session.
- Tutor Guide: This is the guide you’re currently reading! Cambly reserves the right to make changes to the tutor guide as we strive to continually create the best system possible. So check back often if you have a specific question about how something works.
- History: This tab contains your tutoring stats and your call log. If you click on a student’s name, you can message them or jot a note about them. This can be a great way for you to remember what you spoke about so you can pick up where you stopped after the last session. Messages from students will appear in your personal email account (sent via Cambly), and you can reply by logging in to your tutor account. These messages are always sent through Cambly’s platform and your personal email address is never revealed.
- Support: You can check here to see answers to common questions (for tutors and for students), troubleshooting advice, and more. If your question is not addressed here, you can always contact us by submitting a request on the Support tab.
- Account: This tab contains all the information about your account including your account balance and chat/Priority Hour history. We send payments automatically each week on Monday on all balances over $20. You will be paid for all work completed before 18:00 UTC on Monday. Please give us until the end of the day, UTC time, to process the payments. In the account tab, you can also see a log of students you’ve spoken to.
*Note: Even though you can't tutor from your mobile device, you can access nearly every other part of your Tutor Account using your mobile browser (to drop Priority Hours, send messages, confirm reservations, etc.).