Keep your young students engaged and motivated by having some extra tools on-hand and offer rewards along with your praise. This will help keep students focused and add an extra bit of fun.
Here are a few cost-effective suggestions but, again, no need to buy anything if you’d rather get creative on your own!
- WHITEBOARD. You can easily change up your approach to a certain topic or display an idea in a more interactive way.
- AMAZON: magnetic whiteboard combo ($16)
- STAPLES: magnetic whiteboard ($10)
- STAPLES: magnetic whiteboard ($14)
- STICKERS. You can reward students by “giving” them stickers as they participate, accomplish a task, or ask a question. You could place these reward stickers on a single sheet of paper for each lesson or each regular student.
- MAGNETIC REWARDS. This is another way to approach the sticker rewards system in a reusable way. Either make or buy magnetic stickers and place them on a magnetic board so that the student can see their progress each lesson.
Buy magnets. The no-hassle way to get started!
Do-It-Yourself Magnets. Print out a design and use your own magnetic backing.
- FREE: stackable ice cream scoops template
- FREE: paint chip fish idea
- FREE: build a monster printout
- STAPLES: magnetic backing ($5)
- AMAZON: magnetic backing ($9)
Magnetic Board. Stick the rewards on any magnetic surface:
- Magnetic whiteboard (mentioned above)
- DOLLAR STORE: magnetic baking tray ($1)
IKEA: magnetic board ($13)